When injecting botulinum toxin (BoNT), the exact placement of the cannula is extremely important in order to minimise side effects and achieve the best possible therapeutic effects with an economical dosage. To this end Pajunk has developed a cannula specific to the injection of BoNT:
• with insulation coating, "Nanoline®"
• with Ultrasound treatment, "Cornerstone Reflectors®", for maximum visibility
• cannula fitted with EMG cable for a combined application of electromyography and muscle stimulation
• cannula fitted with stimulation cable for nerve stimulation (in combination with MultiStim Switch Peripheral nerve stimulator)
• cannula with sharp bevel point for minimisation of puncture pain
• NanoLine ultra-thin insulating layer is reduced to an absolute minimum without compromising insulation value. (Put another way, a 22G NanoLine needle is dimensionally a true 22G - no perceptible added diameter due to coating.)
• NanoLine coating makes for a very smooth needle surface making for freer puncture and better gliding of needle through tissue layers.
• Internal needle surface (lumen) is also applied with NanoLine for improved flow through the needle.
• NanoLine insulation coating is applied on inner & outer needle surfaces such that only the needle tip is left exposed resulting in a highly precise electrical stimulation field.
The embossed structures in the Cornerstone Reflectors form three surfaces which meet each other at an angle of 90°, guaranteeing direct or indirect reflection of ultrasound waves. Reflectors are arrayed 360° about needle.
Visible even at steep angles
Ultrasound images of needles shown at insertion angles of 24, 40 & 60° confirm that BO-SonoInject cannulas are highly visible, irrespective of the insertion angle. Perfect cannula identification is guaranteed in every cannula position.