P l e x o L o n g
Continuous "Catheter-through-needle" block
All PlexoLong kits are complete with:
• an insulated cannula (NanoLine ultra-thin coating)
• radiopaque "PlexoLong" catheter, optionally echogenic
• Catheter Container in which the catheter is introduced into the cannula in a sterile condition
The Cannula is coated with "NanoLine" ultra-thin insulation and is available in 3 tip styles:
• Atraumatic Sprotte tip is unique in its ability to be placed at a near perpendicular angle to the nerve.
• Tuohy needle is well suited to psoas-compartment block
• The Facet tip (short bevel) is shown drawn parallel to the nerve.
PlexoLong catheter is of high tensile clear plastic and is provided with a stainless steel stylet and optionally with an integrated stainless steel helical coil for maximum kink resistance.
PlexoLong needle- NANOLINE Insulation
• NanoLine ultra-thin insulating layer is reduced to an absolute minimum without compromising insulation value.
• Nanoline insulation coating is applied on inner & outer needle surfaces (only the needle tip is left exposed) resulting in a highly precise electrical stimulation field. Moreover the smooth inner lumen gaurantees free flow of anesthetic through the needle.
There are 2 versions of the radiopaque PlexoLong catheter. PlexoLong Sono NanoLine catheter has a stainless steel stylet and an integrated stainless steel helical coil for maximum kink resistance and enhanced viewing under Ultrasound. PlexoLong Nanoline catheter has a stainless steel stylet and central opening. The PlexoLong NanoLine catheter is provided also in the MultiSet Nanoline kit wherein the catheter is introduced via an in-dwelling plastic cannula.